Thursday, April 5, 2012

Overnight Forecast Discussion: April 5, 2012

Hotspot Tonight: Southeast
As a string of storm systems move offshore, showers and thunderstorms will remain in the area, thanks in part to a trough still stretched into Louisiana that should keep skies cloudy for a bit. Severe weather is possible, but not too likely with the loss of daytime heating.

Central/Southern Plains
A low pressure system with attached trough will be moving into the area. While no precipitation is currently expected due to the proximity of the system to the dry, cold mountain air, it requires watching for a severe weather threat in the near future.

Rocky Mountains
Snow and rain showers are expected in the mountains tonight as a couple storm systems and attached troughs move through the area.

1 comment:

ERN WX said...

Hello, Andrew. I am getting concerned by the lack of rainfall so far this year for my area. I thas been necessary that red flag warnings be issued nearly every day. Low humidities, gusty winds. I personally expect my area to go into a drought, then in the fall it will be wet and cooler temps, and at last winter......... Perhaps some excitement. I only received 10.3 inches of snow this past "winter". That Aleutain/Alaskan low, certainly caused plenty of trouble. I think that with the low sunspot cycle ridging will be more encouraged. Just a few of my observations. Take care my friend!!!!!!