Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hurricane Ileana Poses Threat to California

UW-Milwaukee
Latest model tracks indicate that Hurricane Ileana, a Category 1 hurricane with winds of 75 MPH and a central pressure of 987 millibars, making this system a minimal hurricane.

Ileana is forecast to weaken today out of hurricane strength, as models differ greatly on the track. There are a few that take the system into California, where it could move north and affect the Plains and Midwest later on, like Isaac will do.

It should be noted that the 0z GFS agrees with this idea.

Andrew

2 comments:

ERN WX said...

Hello, Andrew. I am noticing that things are very far from what they were last year at this time. It appears to me that a weak Nino is steadily taking control of our wx. Only exception: the tropics right now. I am seeing that these may be the final storms of the season. Also a question about personal winter forecasts. Will you release them any time soon? I recommend releasing them December 1st. I like the idea of a 2009-2010 and 2002-2003 winter cross. I certainly looks good.

ERN WX said...

Andrew, thanks a lot for all you do. I see you are going to be VERY busy doing this. You certainly do an excellent job at the work you do and I would like to say thank you again for it.