Thursday, April 26, 2012

Flying Snowflakes Possible in North Plains into Northeast


Here is my forecast for the potential for some flying flakes and even a little accumulation going into the weekend. Keep in mind that this has been based off the latest model trends and does not account for a single forecast, rather multiple forecasts.

Light Blue: I am expecting the potential for some flying snowflakes to make an appearance in this area. The system will be a clipper system, so some cold temperatures are possible during and slightly after the system comes through. Little to no accumulation is expected. Slick roads are possible, if a cold rain makes an appearance as well.

Darker Blue: I am considering this area the 'target zone' of this clipper. Maximum amounts should end up to 2 inches, as this snow will be heavy, thus using up more water and moisture than would be used in January or December.

13 comments:

ERN WX said...

SPC has a mdt risk out. Probs. 15% tornado, 30% wind, 45% hail. A few cities in the severe potential are: Wichita, Kansas; Springfield, Missouri; and also Kansas City.

Anonymous said...

Lol still no snow in the forecast Andrew.

Andrew said...

Anonymous: I'm not too much in the mood to answer, but if you want to disprove yourself instead of me, click on any forecast in north central/north-central western Wisconsin and you will see snow in the forecast.

Anonymous said...

Let me re-word this better: Lol, still no accumulating snow in the forecast. Lol, your forecast was a miserable bust. Happy?

ERN WX said...

Now what is all of this stuff?????????

------> said...

Snow will punish everyone for shure....../.../,, NWS has issued WW's from ND to Florida.

ERN WX said...

Anonymous, did you see how Andrew forecasted the East Coast snow event? He did pretty well with that one. Just to note just because the NWS doesn't have snow accumulation in the forecast doesn't mean ther e will be no snow accumulation. I have had them call for no accumulation, then a snowsquall goes through and I have 2 inches. I am not at all trying to be rude.

ERN WX said...

Just note: my friend will get a call.

Mtg said...

Call woke me up, but it looks worth it. Anonymous, do you think the NWS forecasts are perfect? Are you a perfect forecaster? NWS fellows like admiting their mistakes in the AFDS really informative discussions on how they drew their forecast. Now I got to me some sleep!!!!!

snow here snow there snow is everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said...

Wonder what anonymous would say if Andrew's forecast was 100% accurate. Andrew was correct with the snow area. Plus anonymous could have done this more politely. At least he talks about weather.

Anonymous said...

Lol central Minnesota 1.1 inches of snow.

Andrew said...

Anonymous: I was not trying to come across rude, and it seems that it was interpreted that way. That said, the maps I was using were maps I cannot say I was 100% confident, so I will accept the mistake on that one.

sidekick said...

Anonymous was the only one trying to come across rude. Andrew, you weren't rude at all. anonymous needs to find that their is more to life than criticizing people.>